Below are answers to the most common questions we receive.

1. How do I prove that I am of Iranian descent?

The easiest form to provide is a copy of your US birth certificate which lists the place of birth of your parents. Other forms may be your Iranian birth certificate, Iranian passport, your parent’s Iranian passport or birth certificate in which you are listed as their child.

2. My school will mail the official transcript directly. What should I include in my application?

If your school or college will send the transcript directly to us, please include an unofficial copy of your transcript with a note on the transcript stating: “Official copy will be mailed directly from my college”.

3. I am staying in US under a student visa. Therefore, I cannot file a FAFSA form. What
document should I provide to prove my financial need?

Please see the requirements for students who apply from outside of US (item 6 on the application). You
may provide any documents which you feel will support your application. We encourage you to detail how
you’ve been supported in the past year(s) and provide proof of your income.